As an architect and an owners’ representative, Key has accumulated an unusual blend of knowledge and experiences that help him guide clients through the labyrinth of building a new home.
Architectural Review Board and Other Regulatory Approvals
- Interpreting and designing to meet ARB requirements.
- Working with wetland and shoreline regulatory groups to obtain approvals.
- Public hearing presentations to gain needed approvals.
Estimating Construction Costs
- Overall project budgeting including fees, construction, and site improvement costs.
- Detailed cost estimates from preliminary architectural drawings.
- Detailed analysis of bids by contractors.
- Review of design alternatives and material substitutions for cost reductions
- Analysis of key subcontractor costs
- Green alternatives: initial costs vs. operating savings
It is a testament to Key’s expertise that he has been retained by other architects, attorneys, and owners to provide cost estimating and zoning analysis services on a consulting basis.